How does the Treatment Program Work?
- Cellfield dyslexia treatment uses brain plasticity and clever computer science to synchronise information and deliver it directly where it is needed, quickly and efficiently in overcoming dyslexia.
- In the last ten years, brain imaging technology has made it possible to see brains working while a child is reading.
- Normal readers use their left half of their brain in a compact, interconnected and highly efficient way.
- Poor readers use both sides of their brains in a disconnected and highly inefficient way.
- In early stages of reading, none of this matters much.
- In later stages of reading, it matters much… very much.
- Dyslexia treatment requires reading fluently with good comprehension that needs many things to happen very quickly.
- Our eyes need to see words coming in peripheral vision, before we actually look at them.
- Seeing always comes first. Sound structure needs to follow almost instantaneously.
- By the time words come into central vision, fluent readers already understand what they are reading.
- They use high speed scanning for checking, not reading.
- Cellfield uses brain plasticity and clever computer science to synchronise information and deliver it directly where it is needed, quickly and efficiently.
- Only then can children recognise words in peripheral vision, and have spare processing capacity in working memory to think about meaning.
- It is this increased processing capacity that makes it possible for Cellfield children to make the transition into fluent reading and overcoming dyslexia.